Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Those Who Judge

So, I have had a hard time coming back to the blog. It was because of judgers. I myself am one that judges, but I judge people's crap hair that I know I can fix.

After my last post my family so wonderfully each called me out on cussing in my blog. For the record, count them, there are 2, possibly 3. They should be more concerned of my overuse of commas. No, God will not send me to Hell because of a few cuss words, otherwise there is one apostle that I know won't be going to Heaven and I am pretty sure that is not how it works. (also, have I heard all of those people cuss? Of course I have) This is for them.

Come on. Let's focus on the real problems in life; like when do you really use a semicolon and who came up with that name?

There are certain things I would love to blog about right now, but I can't because my Mom reads this now. Crap. Hi Mom. It's like that one time my Mom found Facebook. Did I deny her as a friend, of course I did. Again, hi Mom.

What I can say is that God works in very mysterious ways. I have had loads of crap happen to me in life and I always get the feeling that God kind of gets a kick out of it, just like I get a kick out of torturing my Future Professionals. Well loads of non-crap things have happened in succession. Which makes me wonder what He has up his sleeve. These types of things don't happen very much, and by not very much I mean never. I will take them as I can though!

On to the next. I am officially going crazy! It is so much fun to go crazy though. I feel it gives me an opportunity to have great adventures. The other day I made some amazing Soft Gingersnaps....mmmm.... I decided that I needed to drink a glass of milk, so I did. It was great too. I had a couple of cookies and I ran out of milk. Now I swore that I had a little bit left. So I went to the fridge and my milk was gone. My puppies do not have opposable thumbs so as much as I suspected them, rationality had me thinking otherwise. I was baffled. No milk. I searched my entire house (really it isn't that impressive, my home is only 650 square feet). Still, no milk. So I gave up. Screw the milk. I went on with my oh so wonderful life. The next night I got up the energy to face my arch nemesis, the dishes. As I was putting away my glass, I opened the cupboard and there, all bulging and sour, was my milk. Crazy is fun.

Here is the recipe for those amazing cookies so that you too can drive yourself to insanity.

Soft Gingersnaps (from Emily)

1 1/2 Cups Softened Butter (no substituting)
2 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Molasses
4 1/2 Cups Flour
3 teaspoons Baking Soda
2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1 teaspoon Ground Cloves
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg

Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time, beat very well after each egg. Beat in molasses. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices in separate bowl. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Roll into 1" balls and roll in sugar. Place 2" apart on un-greased baking sheets (I prefer to use parchment paper, that stuff is amazing!). Bake at 350 for 8-12 min. or until puffy and lightly browned. Cool for 1 min. before removing to wire racks.

You can also make these into gingerbread men and play Run For Your Life Candyman. Best. Game. Ever.

Enjoy. Suck it.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE those cookies! :) I might just have to make them today after church so I can have them after Fast Sunday. Yum!

    ReplyDelete