Thursday, August 18, 2011

Alfred H. Cock

So the other day I was getting ready to have a good night's rest. I climbed in bed and pulled back the sheets. All of the sudden a little scurrying creature ran under a pillow. Such things require me to change my pants. I got up the courage to lift up the pillow and when I did a smallish gekko ran from the pillow to under the bed. In my mind I think, sweet, gekko, the dogs will get it then lick me feverishly with their lizard breath, but no harm, so I went to bed. Any type of bug would have had me staying at a friend's house.
The next morning I wake up and shower. I am enjoying my refreshing wash and I turn around toward the spout. I scream a little and realize after squinting a little (no contacts in the shower) that my little friend is back again. Awesome. Still no harm, all is well.
Yesterday I am showering again and after the shower my gekko comes back again. I had to get a picture because now I am obsessed with blogging. I didn't want the gekko to disappear again, so I ran to get my camera. Wet and naked. (these are reasons I live alone).  So here he is.
He needed a name, so I thought hey, Alfred Hitchcock likes shower scenes, so does the lizard.  So Alfred it is. Later that day I was discussing him with a friend and decided Alfred H. Cock was much more appropriate.

Dinner tonight was a little project. I had found a seasoning mix for lettuce wraps. Lettuce wraps have always been a great thing so I thought hey let's do it. The seasoning mix is from Sun-Bird. I made the mix as directed from the packaging. It was good, but here is how I would change it next time.
The recipe calls to saute the chicken marinade mixture on high for 1 min. I would suggest starting with the mixture on medium heat and cooking it with the lid on for 5-8 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink. This will allow your chicken to remain very moist instead of cooking it all out at the beginning. Then add some oil and saute it on high to add a little crisp to the outside of the chicken and some beautiful color.
I served just with soy sauce. This wasn't enough punch for me. I would definitely go for the soy sauce, hot chili sauce and Chinese hot mustard to add some amazing kick.
I wrapped the mixture in Romaine lettuce. You can use any, but I love that you can fold it like a taco instead of trying to bunch it up in some other kind of lettuce and loosing the mixture and creating a hot mess while trying to stuff in it your mouth as quick as possible.
This recipe makes an insane amount of food. If you are just by your lonesome, freeze part of it or take it into work and let them have at it. Enjoy.

Suck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment