Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hope, overrated.

Just saw an amazing movie with my good friend Emily. Crazy, Stupid Love. Steve Carell just really amazes me. Ryan Gosling on the other hand, is a pure gift from God. Seriously, my testimony grows because there are men as hot as him. Mmmm.

So Emily is probably the best person in the world to go see a comedy with. There is absolutely no holding back the laughter and she has the loudest, most infectious laugh. Everything becomes like 20 times more funny. Here are some amazing quotes in this movie.

Movies like this give me a little hope about love. This movie is all about soul mates though and I really don't believe in soul mates. But, now I kind of want one. Blast you movie makers! You make my life seem so mundane. Before the movie we were talking about our highlights of the day. Emily's was getting her shopping done. Mine was getting my recycling out. Awesome, right? Who doesn't want that?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over with the hope that you will get different results. I am insane. Strangely I am totally okay with this. Love will come. Maybe from the internet, maybe not. I will find someone who will put up with my craziness, or I'll find someone that I'm obsessed with and lock him in a bathroom, brainwash him until he falls in love with me. Does anyone know where Ryan Gosling lives? I'd take Taye Diggs. Or any type of chocolate for that matter.

Are there soul mates, no. Are there certain people that you connect with on an amazing level, yeah. Do things always work out between them, no. (hence the reason I am not married or in a significant relationship) But, there will always be more than one if you allow it. 

Enough of that, people who fall in love are usually assholes. That's okay, they can just be that way.

So my brother is starting this weight loss deal. He is kind of struggling with amazing smoothies, so this is for him. I got this from my amazing trainer Jill.

1. Take a banana and peel it.
2. Take an avocado and peel and pit it.
3. Put in a blender with a cup of milk
4. Add a little bit of sugar (like 1tsp.-1Tbsp.)
5. Blend it.
6. Enjoy.

I know, I know. It sounds really funny and not at all tasty, but it really is amazing and really helps with sugar cravings.

Have a great night.
Suck it.


No comments:

Post a Comment