Friday, October 14, 2011

Really?

Wow, it has been a long time. So sorry, but it has been a very busy month. Normally this would be my creative outlet, but I recently started working at a salon in the evenings and I have been able to work through my creativity that direction. It has also given me some fun stories.

I few weeks ago I was welcomed home one night from work by a letter from the city. Apparently one of my neighbors called the city and complained about my weeds. Really? You have nothing better to do than to care that much about my landscaping. Some people just deserve to be punched in face.

I was discussing this situation with some friends and told them about a "weeding party" that I was having that night. I would feed them chocolate cake in return for some manual labor. We were discussing how stupid my neighbor was when one of my friends turned to me and told me with great pride that he had never done Weed. First thing that came to me was, "that's great, neither have I." As the conversation went on and I was still trying to convince people to come over and have some chocolate cake he turned to me again and inquired why I wasn't serving brownies at this party. I said because I made chocolate cake the other night and that is what I had.

It struck me then that English is not his first, or even second language. I tried to explain that we were picking weeds that night and thought that I had cleared it all up. A couple of nights later we were out on a walk and we walked past the idiot neighbor's house who called the city on me. I mentioned the house and my friend asked how my neighbor saw the Weed anyway. I told him that they were all over the yard and that anyone could see them. It then occurred to me that he still thought I was talking about Weed and not weeds.


Two things made me very happy about this. One, that someone actually thinks I am a pothead. Two, that he would still hang about with me even though he thinks I am a pothead.

Good times. Hugs not drugs.

I have cooked a lot of amazing things lately, so I will just add them one by one. Later, I'm tired.

Suck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment