Friday, May 3, 2013

Every once in a while, it needs to happen

Okay, so this blog has been the source of many rants on things and it's been a while since I wanted to just rant. So here it is.

The title of this blog is Cooking for One: it doesn't suck! #realtalk, it does sometimes. Yes I love when I live alone and I can freely run around my living area unconstrained by the touch and feel of cotton. I also love picking what ever movie I want. Being able to drink straight from the milk carton and just having dinner for breakfast with no judgement. Sometimes this can get a little lonely and I feel the need to date. This usually comes after I watch a sappy romantic movie.

I come from a ridiculously abusive past. I think that I have only told one person about really how bad my ex was and she keeps congratulating me for not being institutionalized and being a functioning human being. Because of this, dating is kind of an issue. I trust very few people. My philosophy when it comes to friends is that it is quality not quantity.

I believe that my subconscious blocks me from flirting so I don't date, and don't get hurt.

So the other day I went to get some food and on my way out of the joint I get hit on. What?!? That hasn't happened for a while. So this guy, we will call him John, asked for my number and I'm like hey. This man was a chocolate man. I like my chocolate men. Because of this I was a little excited about getting to know someone new.

Wednesday night, he gets my number. Immediately starts texting me. I'm like, a'right. The texting goes on for quite a bit and the next morning a lot more. So much that I know he moves very fast.

So tonight he starts texting again and as he is texting me I get the impression that our view of sexual relations are severely different. Oh hey sexting. I am a very honest person, so I tell him that I plan on waiting to have sex until I am married. I asked him if this was a challenge for him.  Yup it is.

This is where I rant.

Everyone has beliefs. Everyone has this right. I am not going to shove my beliefs down your throat, but I will stick up for them when it comes to me.

John decided that he really needed to try and convince me that what I believe in is wrong and that I believe what I believe because I haven't been with the right guy. I was also not being polite by telling him this. Also that it is unfair that I am giving him an ultimatum without giving him a chance. This goes on for awhile before I just cut him off and told him that no one has a right to make me feel bad about this.

Is it so much to ask for someone who would love, honor, and respect me? Seriously! I haven't even gone out with you, do not disrespect me like this. What the heck has happened to the decency of men? I can only speak for myself, but is it wrong to want to be wooed? baaaaah! Wrong to be swept off my feet? Apparently I have too high of expectations for today's dating scene.



Being single has got to be better than being belittled and disrespected. Bastards.

Suck it.

PS i will get back into cooking in just a bit when I get my own place. soon.

3 comments:

  1. Love you, Mesh! Being single sucks and men suck (minus one). He's out the somewhere. I'm sure mine is out there too. I just have to wait for my divorce to finalize to start looking for him. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. He obviously was not good enough for you. Especially if he won't respect what you think and believe. Could you imagine what it would be like dating him? Him not caring at all about what you think? Your prince is out there somewhere and he is being prepared for you and how awesome you are. :)

    ReplyDelete